Green Lab visit 12/12/17

On Tuesday 12th December I had the opportunity to visit Bermondsey based company Green Lab. Green Lab is a sustainable food research company┬áthat doubles up as ‘a workspace for entrepreneurs and other agricultural mavericks who are designing beautiful solutions to complex food problems. Encouraging creativity, collaboration, experimentation and play, it incubates ideas that make food systems more productive and resilient, and that can put more natural and healthy food on our tables.’

It was an interesting visit to a business that worked as a fluid space, doubling up as more than just a research lab exploring food systems. Whilst there, paying members were using the space to develop ideas for business start ups. As an environment it was great, with many different tests occurring throughout the space. This visit was a good opportunity for me to observe and listen a lot more in meetings. The main focus of the discussion was how Green Lab may collaborate or support the Art & Science group. This is a group that I am not currently working alongside, which I hope to change in 2018. I inputted where I could to the discussion but it was mostly outside of my knowledge and expertise. This was a relatively informative trip that may lead to future collaborative work with Green Lab.

Default version

One Reply to “Green Lab visit 12/12/17”

1. Hi again Izaak,

When you are reflecting on ‘leadership’ in your next blog post, it might be useful to compare your experiences of that to the experience of listening and observing that you mention here.

Leading and listening can feel like two very different activities, but I wonder if you’ve observed any connection between the two? Are you more comfortable in an active leadership role, rather than a passive listening one?

No right or wrong answers as always, but it would be great to hear your thoughts.

H